Some minor improvements made. Report feature added. Radiotext logger plugin added. The Forum registration is finally working.
Logs all radiotexts incl. time information into a file. Automatically creates new file every day for each station. Requires RDS Spy version 0.91 or later.
Several RDS data sources are provided for live RDS decoding:
- Serial COM Port – Data and Clock – Data and Clock signals must be converted using a simple circuit. This ensures compatibility with all RS232 ports and USB to RS232 adapters.
- Sound card – Data and Clock – The Data and Clock signals are fed to your sound card’s recording line input.
- Sound card – RDS Encoder – For RDS encoder output data analysis. The RDS encoder output is fed to the sound card through a simple half-wave rectifier circuit.
- Sound card – Direct MPX or RDS input – The RDS or MPX signal is fed directly to the sound card input. The sound card must support 192 kHz sampling rate for recording.
- ASCII G Protocol – RDS Decoder / FM Analyzer – Measuring device (for example P275) connected either via RS232/USB or Ethernet.
- ASCII G Protocol – RDS Encoder – RDS encoder with remote output monitoring feature (for example P132), connected either via RS232/USB or Ethernet.
- (No source) – The software provides offline playback feature only.
For more details download the pdf manual.
The application works well also on very old PC’s, we however recommend at least following configuration:
- CPU 1 GHz
- 256 MB of free RAM
- Screen resolution 1366×768 @ 32-bit colors
- Windows XP or higher
Some plugins may have individual hardware and software requirements.
RDS Spy version 0.9 has been released for public use. Please note that it’s still a development version. Any bug reports or suggestions are welcome!