The support has moved to https://pira.cz/forum/

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

First impressions

andimik wrote:

Very good idea to use the sound card as input. So I can use my Vista Laptop without COM-Port instead of an old MS-DOS Laptop for RDS-Capturing …

Hint: The 1st programm of Austrian's ORF, Österreich 1 (Ö1 = OE 1) is using German characters in the Radiotext. RDSSpy does not display these characters (Umlaut)

See http://die-lesachtaler.at/andimik/sendinfo.php?id=1

I would wish a log function or even a conversation tool to *.smp files …

admin wrote:

It would be nice if you can send me by email an actual record of the OE 1 with the German characters included in the RT. Generally inserting these characters is not a good idea as most of receivers can never show them.

andimik wrote:

I've updated my homepage (see link above) and have published spy-files from all strong signals in my bandscan.

FMnerd wrote:

Hi all, thankyou for this software !!
cant seem to download ver 0.91,I have tried two times same file as the old one ?

Quote from Old forum on 7. 11. 2018, 8:24

FMnerd wrote:

Hi all, thankyou for this software !!
cant seem to download ver 0.91,I have tried two times same file as the old one ?

admin wrote:

Don't see any problem. Simply download actual zip file and extract the files into your existing rds spy folder. Confirm overwrite. The settings will not be lost.

DX-Matze wrote:

Thanks for the improvements.

I will give th log-feautre a try during Geminids maximum next Tuesday. 😉

DX-Matzes Signature

Niko wrote:

Great software!!! PI detector works very good.Cool

Skywaves wrote:

The first sporadic E opening hit my QTH yesterday (May 9th) allowing me to use RDS Spy on these signals. Southern Spain and Morocco were received but were never above "weak". There is no chance that any RDS data would have formed on my tuners with signals this weak, but the PI codes were revealed instantly on RDS Spy thanks to the Super PI facility. PS names followed quickly afterwards.

This is VERY impressive since previous experience with standalone tuners has shown that RDS data propagated via Es often became corrupted due to multipath reflections, etc. I always needed good signals if the data was to form properly. Not so with RDS Spy on this occasion – the weak signals were more than sufficient to reveal the complete RDS PS/PI details.

Once again, thanks for this excellent software Jan.

John, G1VVP

carioca wrote:

Congratulation, Jan! What a nice practicable software! I offer on my homepage self made RDS decoder for some time and find today this solution to display Radio Data on nowadays computers without having any old RS232 ports. Quick I had to fit an audio "line in" cable in order to test my portable RDS-Decoder. After a few settings it was running perfectly! A small programm but a comprehensive data log on screen. I'm very sure this software still finds many followers.
Jan, to follow correct law rules having a question yet. Do you allow to show on own homepages screen shots of your software? I would like to introduce your software on my homepage a little with some pictures.

Regards,

Harald

admin wrote:

Thank you for the appreciation Laugh
Yes, press the Print Screen and publish pictures at pleasure!

carioca wrote:

I thank you for your kindness! Your software is to keep alive the modern coputer user who need to have RDS data on screen, especially radio amateurs.

Harald

carioca wrote:

Meanwhile I posted a short introduction of your RDS Spy on my homepage:
http://haraldkliem.jimdo.com/elektronik/rds-decoder-2/rds-decoder-2-portabel/
Unfortunately it's written in German only. Thinking over to open an English version but at the moment it would take me too much time. Please be patient with me.Wink

Regards,

Harald