The support has moved to https://pira.cz/forum/

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Where to tap clock/data from

Sean wrote:

I have a question: where is the best place to tap the RDS clock and data signals from on my Sony ST-S311? I have looked at the circuit diagram and can see the RDS IC (SAA6579T) and the outputs at pins 2 and 16. However I also see RDS clock and data output from the RDS sync IC (LC70703M) at pins 15 and 16 (marked on the circuit). I presume taking the outputs straight off the RDS IC is the way to go but was not sure whether the sync IC also acted as a buffer or something. Once I know, I can attach a lead for my soundcard. I know this is probably an old RDS IC but hopefully it will produce reasonable results with RDSS. The SAA IC seems better at decoding RDS that the one on my old ST-S370 (an LA2230).

Any help would be appreciated!!

Many thanks

Sean, G4UCJ
Buckingham IO92ma

DXer wrote:

f the application is made for SAA6579T, connect the wires to SAA6579T. That's simple and clear.

Quote from Old forum on 7. 11. 2018, 9:50

DXer wrote:

f the application is made for SAA6579T, connect the wires to SAA6579T. That's simple and clear.

Sean wrote:

OK, many thanks. I will tap it off the main IC and go from there.

Colobus wrote:

Please tell me is it possible to connect to the chip SAA6588T which is installed on my receiver?
Thanks in advance for your help

DXer wrote:

It is unfortunately not possible. This chip outputs the data only to I2C bus which is not possible to catch by a standard PC.

Colobus wrote:

thanks DXer

Colobus wrote:

I found another kenwood dc-2094. It RDS decoder chip TDA 7479AD.
Is it possible to connect?
Thanks !

DXer wrote:

Yes, this is OK. It has the same connection like SAA6579 or similar.